To put your 2Wire 3800HGV-B router into bridge mode, all you have to do is this:
1. Use your computer to get on the same network as your 2Wire router, either wireless or hardwired in with an Ethernet cable.
2. Go to your web browser and type in 192.168.1.254, which will take you to the 2Router administration page.
3. Log in with the password printed on the side of your router.
4. Go to Settings>System Info>Event Notifications, and check
the box called “Router-Behind-Router Detection” then click “Save”.
5. Restart your 2Wire router (one of the screens gives you a restart
button… sorry, I didn’t document which screen it was on). Alternatively,
if you surf to any web page, you MIGHT get a 2Wire warning asking you
if you’re sure you want to configure your router. Just ignore the
warning, tell it to go ahead and do the configuration, and it will
restart your router for you.
6. You’re all set! Now you can plug your router into one of the “Local Ethernet” ports on
the back of the 2Wire router. Your router is now in charge of all NAT and port forwarding.
Note: This procedure may or may not work with other models of 2Wire
router as well, depending on what firmware those routers are running.
Article ID: 78, Created On: 3/26/2012, Modified: 7/31/2013