Sending faxes using the ActivePBX internet fax service can be done in two different ways:
- Faxes can be sent from a registered fax e-mail address
- Faxes can be sent from the fax web portal (fax.activepbx.com)
NOTE: If you dont know if you're email is a registered email, or would like to add a new one, please contact our support team.
To send a fax using a registered e-mail address:
- Create a new e-mail (Contact support, or if you have access, you can do it from my.activepbx.com).
- In the “To” field, use the following format: email@example.com (where x is the remote fax number)
- The “Subject” field can be used as a personal reference, but will not be transmitted as part of the fax
- The body of the e-mail will serve as the cover page for the fax. If you are faxing one page with no attachments, input your fax content here
NOTE: Attachments will be added to the body of the fax. Only the following extensions will work: .PDF, .PS, .TIF, .TXT, .DOC, .DOCX, .ODT
To send a fax through the web interface of the fax server:
- Go to fax.activepbx.com
- Log in using your provided username and password
- The screen displayed after log in will show your inbox
- To send a fax, select “Send Fax” at the top
- Fill out the appropriate fields before selecting “Send”
NOTE: After sending a fax, the user will receive a confirmation e-mail upon successful transmission of the fax, or a failure e-mail indicating that the fax failed to send.
- Faxes will sent to the registered e-mails address/es tied to your fax number as a .PDF attachment.
- Faxes can also be viewed through the inbox of the fax portal, as mentioned above.